Social Icons

Pages

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

RREA Metal Red Lace Part II

I'll be honest, the last RREA Metal Red Lace I gotten didn't really "pop" I came in contact with a friend who was heading to Taiwan. I ordered two pairs of the guppy from another breeder. I couldn't wait to see them.

Here are pictures and video provided by my friend when he was helping me select.





So I met my friend David and luck would have it, I didn't have to travel all the way to the West of Singapore.

He took this picture when he landed in Singapore.

Met up with David yesterday and tada!! My RREA Red Metal Lace! Wohoo!!
I tested the water parameters and apparently belongs to David. Good parameters actually. 0 on Nitrite and Nitrate. Ammonia at 0.50ppm - expected since he was carrying it in the bag for a few hours. But the PH is really high. Not sure exactly but definitely above 7.6

Started to acclimatise them to my tank water. My own tank water had 0.25ppm of ammonia and the rest at 0 but my PH was rather low @ 6.0

I still haven't figure out how this may have happen considering, my tap water PH is above 7.6 I add Prime as water conditioner. The tank has a box filter, matten filter and Mr Aqua Ceramic Rings.

So it took a long time for me to get the water in the bag more or less on par with my tank water. I added corals to help increase PH value. 

Tada!! In their bags! Absolute beauty!








The girls are fat with eggs but not "tank in" The boys will be boys went nuts when they saw the females. I fed them BBS and they love them! 

Good colour. Healthy looking. 

So here's crossing my fingers and hoping things turn out well and get frys next month.
Absolutely love them.

Update in a month.




1 comment:

 
Blogger Templates